In this post we will give you some tips to start creating your own playlist and produce a first class production music library, with the best of the best.
Define the genre. First of all, establish the genre that will predominate in your playlist. If you like several musical styles, it is better to make different playlists instead of mixing many genres in one.
- Incorporate different artists. Once you have decided on a musical style, try to vary the artists you include in your playlist. This way, you will avoid it becoming monotonous or repetitive.
- Get inspiration from other playlists. Look for other playlists of the same genre or with a similar style and get inspired by them. It’s a good way to broaden your musical panorama and you will also discover new songs that you won’t want to leave out of your playlist.
- Think about the audience. When creating a playlist, it is important to keep in mind the target audience, since it can vary in age and musical interests. If you take into account the preferences of your audience, they will enjoy more the musical proposal you have prepared for them.
- Set the occasion. Decide if your playlist will be played at a party, at the gym or during a roadtrip, and choose the right songs for the occasion.
- Length is key. Find a balance in the number of songs so that your playlist is neither too short nor too long. Many of Spotify’s most successful playlists have between 40 and 60 songs (the so-called production music library).
- Choose the order of the songs. Take into account the rhythms, as well as the highs and lows of the songs. This way, you will make sure that the order is correct and that a sound story is being told. It can be awkward if you go from a very slow song to a very fast song suddenly.
- Avoid filler songs. Sometimes we want to include our favorite songs, without considering if they really go well with the rest of the playlist. When choosing a song, analyze if it follows the same line of the others or if in this occasion, it would be better to omit it.
- The title is essential. It doesn’t matter if you choose the title at the beginning or at the end, but make sure it is creative, original and adequately represents its content. It is one of the key factors to attract more ears to your playlist.
- Share and update it. Once you have finished your playlist, it will be ready to be shared with your friends so they can enjoy it together. Take their opinions into account to make small adjustments to your playlist. As time goes by, don’t forget to add new songs to keep the library music production current.
We hope this post will help you to create your own playlists always at the forefront and have fun in the production music library.